UL Students Win at National Smarter Travel Multi-Media Awards 2016

- DSC_5083

The second annual National Smarter Travel Student Media Awards ceremony took place recently at the Belltable Theatre, Limerick. As part of the awards, students from across the country were encouraged to submit entries promoting Smarter Travel through various forms of media: text, graphics, video, interactive content, animation and audio. The awards ceremony consisted of an exhibition of all poster and graphical submissions in the main foyer of the Belltable and the a screening of all the video submissions in the Belltable cinema.

- DSC_4973

Following the video screening the winning submissions were announced. Students from the University of Limerick were awarded prize winners in two categories: 1st place in the Smarter Travel audio/song category, and 2nd place in the video category.

Smarter Travel Awards 2016

UL Group being awarded first place for their audio/song entry

You can check out the winning entries here: http://bit.ly/1QCmcH2

2016-04-27 14.29.58

UL Student, Michael Boyle, who came second in the video category . (L-R): Ross Higgins (UL, Travel & Transport Coordinator), Michael Boyle (University of Limerick) & Seán Collins (UL, Travel and Transport Coordinator)

This event was organised by the National Transport Authority’s Smarter Travel Campus programme. Special thanks goes to Leon McCarthy, UL lecturer in Digital Video, for  integrating the Multi-Media Awards brief as part of the module to his students over the past year, which in turn encouraged the development of the two award winning submissions.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to UL Students Win at National Smarter Travel Multi-Media Awards 2016

1. TravelBench says:

Congrats to all the winners! Good job and keep it up!